Vulnerability Note VU#960193 AVG Safeguard and Secure Search ActiveX controls provides insecure methods Original Release date: 07 Jul 2014 | Last revised: 07 Jul 2014 Overview The AVG Secure Search toolbar, also known as AVG Safeguard includes an ActiveX control that provides a number of unsafe methods, which may allow a remote, unauthenticated attacker to execute arbitrary code with the privileges of the user. Description AVG Secure Search is a toolbar add-on for web browsers that “… provides an additional security layer while searching and surfing to protect you from infected websites.” One of the components provided by AVG Secure Search is an ActiveX control called ScriptHelperApi , which is provided by ScriptHelper.exeRead More...
- A Honeypot for home: Raspberry Pi, (Thu, Jul 31st) July 31, 2014
- Why Karsten Nohl and Jakob Lell's 'BadUSB' #malware means you ought to fill you USB ports with superglue July 31, 2014
- Debit Card Override Hack July 31, 2014
- TA14-212A: Backoff Point-of-Sale Malware July 31, 2014
- ISC StormCast for Thursday, July 31st 2014 http://isc.sans.edu/podcastdetail.html?id=4085, (Thu, Jul 31st) July 31, 2014
Tagsapi apple archives article browser bruce schneier business china copyright development director downloads education enterprise events facebook feeds gfi government hackers hacking industry internet linkedin linux management mcafee microsoft network networks news opinion phishing podcasts science security social-media symantec team cyrmu technology united-kingdom united-states videos vulnerability windows