Vulnerability Note VU#960193 AVG Safeguard and Secure Search ActiveX controls provides insecure methods Original Release date: 07 Jul 2014 | Last revised: 07 Jul 2014 Overview The AVG Secure Search toolbar, also known as AVG Safeguard includes an ActiveX control that provides a number of unsafe methods, which may allow a remote, unauthenticated attacker to execute arbitrary code with the privileges of the user. Description AVG Secure Search is a toolbar add-on for web browsers that “… provides an additional security layer while searching and surfing to protect you from infected websites.” One of the components provided by AVG Secure Search is an ActiveX control called ScriptHelperApi , which is provided by ScriptHelper.exeRead More...
- ISC StormCast for Tuesday, July 22nd 2014 http://isc.sans.edu/podcastdetail.html?id=4071, (Tue, Jul 22nd) July 22, 2014
- Ivan’s Order of Magnitude, (Tue, Jul 22nd) July 22, 2014
- OWASP Zed Attack Proxy, (Mon, Jul 21st) July 22, 2014
- Vulnerabilities in LZO and LZ4 compression libraries July 21, 2014
- Fingerprinting Computers By Making Them Draw Images July 21, 2014
Tagsapi apple archives article browser bruce schneier business china copyright development director downloads education enterprise events facebook feeds gfi government hackers hacking industry internet linkedin linux management mcafee microsoft network networks news opinion phishing podcasts science security social-media symantec team cyrmu technology united-kingdom united-states videos vulnerability windows