“About half of the information technology and security professionals asked whether they use external cloud-based services for sensitive or confidential data said they did — but their approaches to encrypting data in the cloud vary widely, according to the findings of the survey published today. The “Encryption in the Cloud” survey done by Ponemon Institute sought the opinions of more than 4,000 IT professionals in seven countries, including the US. About 38 percent of the respondents said their organisations rely on encryption of data as it's transferred, typically over the Internet, to the cloud….”Read More...
- IBM Fixes Code Execution, Cookie-Stealing Vulnerabilities in Switches, open since May and Dell might have a few too July 22, 2014
- EFF Releases Open Wireless Router Firmware – try it out on a Netgear WNDR3800 if you like. Might save the world… July 22, 2014
- ISC StormCast for Tuesday, July 22nd 2014 http://isc.sans.edu/podcastdetail.html?id=4071, (Tue, Jul 22nd) July 22, 2014
- Ivan’s Order of Magnitude, (Tue, Jul 22nd) July 22, 2014
- OWASP Zed Attack Proxy, (Mon, Jul 21st) July 22, 2014
Tagsapi apple archives article browser bruce schneier business china copyright development director downloads education enterprise events facebook feeds gfi government hackers hacking industry internet linkedin linux management mcafee microsoft network networks news opinion phishing podcasts science security social-media symantec team cyrmu technology united-kingdom united-states videos vulnerability windows