“About half of the information technology and security professionals asked whether they use external cloud-based services for sensitive or confidential data said they did — but their approaches to encrypting data in the cloud vary widely, according to the findings of the survey published today. The “Encryption in the Cloud” survey done by Ponemon Institute sought the opinions of more than 4,000 IT professionals in seven countries, including the US. About 38 percent of the respondents said their organisations rely on encryption of data as it's transferred, typically over the Internet, to the cloud….”Read More...
- Bitcoin Woes Cause Attackers to Converge March 8, 2014
- Crafting Phishing is just like marketing. An expert speaks out, fascinating #InfoSec reading from @StuartSumner March 8, 2014
- Microsoft March Patch Pre-Announcement, (Sat, Mar 8th) March 8, 2014
- Android p/wd managers: still growing, some outdated but effective. Try them and let them do the hard work for you March 8, 2014
- North Carolina State University: Practical Root Exploit Containment (PREC) uses DB of expected app behaviour March 7, 2014
Tagsapi apple archives article browser bruce schneier business china copyright development director downloads education enterprise events facebook feeds gfi government hackers hacking infrastructure internet linkedin linux management microsoft network networks news opinion phishing podcasts science security social-media south-africa symantec team cyrmu technology united-kingdom united-states videos vulnerability windows