“About half of the information technology and security professionals asked whether they use external cloud-based services for sensitive or confidential data said they did — but their approaches to encrypting data in the cloud vary widely, according to the findings of the survey published today. The “Encryption in the Cloud” survey done by Ponemon Institute sought the opinions of more than 4,000 IT professionals in seven countries, including the US. About 38 percent of the respondents said their organisations rely on encryption of data as it's transferred, typically over the Internet, to the cloud….”Read More...
- Philip Virgo (@ITmeetsPolitics): surge in demand for #infosec skills might be as bad as Y2K, especially for banks April 24, 2014
- Trend on Underground Economy: "times are good, victims are plentiful, and the risk is relatively low" + no good news April 24, 2014
- 5 Iowa State Uni servers breached, made to mine #Bitcoins via #Synology, 30k SSNs probably not stolen, #cyclones April 24, 2014
- 21 y/olds in Cambodia arrested APR7:King Mongkolpanha (Black Cyber/Machine)+Chu Songheng (Zoro) alledgedly #Anonymous April 24, 2014
- DHCPv6 and DUID Confusion, (Wed, Apr 23rd) April 23, 2014
Tagsapi apple archives article browser bruce schneier business china copyright development director downloads education enterprise events facebook feeds gfi government hackers hacking industry infrastructure internet linkedin linux management microsoft network networks news opinion phishing podcasts science security social-media symantec team cyrmu technology united-kingdom united-states videos vulnerability windows